So, about a week ago, this old friend of mine came up with an idea of gifting me 2 tickets to “Szanty in Wroclaw” Festival. At first, I had no idea what I was up for, but then I started reading about it online. They’ve got their own website for it szanty.com.pl
It is actually a pretty cool idea of bringing Sailing and folk music to the city. Guess this!! The festival is celebrating its 30th birthday! It is one of the oldest and apparently one of the most important Polish festivals.
This event is going to be on from February 28th until March 3rd Book the date!- so if you fancy Sea Spirit and chanting your soul out, come along. No worries, there is no need for a dress-up costume.
“Wroclaw demands access to the sea!”
(Almost like pirates, but undercover)
The main concert of the festival will be held at the Concert Centre A2 at 5 Góralska Street in Wroclaw. When I was at Uni, that was one of the clubs with the biggest dance floor so a pretty comfortable place for the sailing song show. You will be able to sit, stand or dance during the party.
The best Polish bands will perform during the concert on the 2nd of March. The list of songs includes the most popular ones sung by generations in Poland. It is going to be so much fun to sing the songs of my youth and see my English friend trying to catch up with the sailor’s drinking rhythm.
There are 2 other venues organized for the event: Stara Piwnica Club at Krupnicza 15 and Stary Klasztor at Pyrkyniego 1; so read the concert program carefully when choosing the day of the concert you want to go to.
One of the concerts is dedicated to kids, so feel free to bring your young ones along on Sunday, 3rd of March.
• BANDS: JAN i KLAN, ZA HORYZONTEM, ZNIENACKA PROJECT, NIKOLA WARDA, MACOCH i PRZYJACIELE, SĄSIEDZI
• tickets: 20 zł – presale, 25 zł on the day
• BANDS: 4 REFY, PERŁY i ŁOTRY, MECHANICY SHANTY A´CAPPELLA, RYCZĄCE DWUDZIESTKI, STARE DZWONY, SĄSIEDZI
• 💺 Sitting Seats: 60 zł – ZONE 1, 45 zł – ZONE 2
• 👫 Standing Seats: 35 zł – presale, 40 zł – on the day
• BANDS: ORKIESTRA SAMANTA, PERŁY i ŁOTRY, SĄSIEDZI, HOVERLA, ZNIENACKA PROJECT
• 💺 Sitting seats: 15 zł – presale, 20 zł on the day
• BANDS: EKT-GDYNIA, MECHANICY SHANTY, MIETEK FOLK, ZEJMAN&GARKUMPEL, RYCZĄCE DWUDZIESTKI, 4 REFY, ANDRZEJ KORYCKI&DOMINIKA ŻUKOWSKA, BANANA BOAT, PERŁY i ŁOTRY
• 💺 Sitting seats: 70 zł
• 👫 Standing seats: 50 zł – presale, 60 zł on the day
• BANDS: EKT-GDYNIA, MIETEK FOLK, BANANA BOAT, JAN i KLAN, ZA HORYZONTEM
• 💺 Sitting seats: 40 zł
• 👫 Standing seats: 25 zł – presale, 30 zł – on the day
• bands:MIROSŁAW „KOVAL” KOWALEWSKI z zespołem ZEJMAN&GARKUMPEL
• ONLY 👫 STANDING SEATS
• 30 zł – presale, 35 zł – on the day (adult)
• 20 zł – presale, 25 zł – on the day ( kids >14 years)
• BANDS: ANDRZEJ KORYCKI&DOMINIKA ŻUKOWSKA, MAREK SZURAWSKI, RYSZARD MUZAJ, MIROSŁAW „KOVAL” KOWALEWSKI, WOJCIECH DUDZIŃSKI
• 💺 Sitting seats: 50 zł – zone 1, 40 zł – zone 2
• 👫 Standing seats: 30 zł – presale, 35 zł – on the day
Festival Pass includes all concerts’ entry with standing seats – 120zl presale or 140zl on the day.
You can purchase the tickets at:
You can make a ticket reservation by sending email to: email@example.com